Re: Conditional commit inside functions

От Asko Oja
Тема Re: Conditional commit inside functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

PostgreSQL has doesn't use rollback segment, so commit over 10000
lines is not necessary, and it is bad.

If you are having database in your laptop it might be true.
In OLTP environments it's not feasible to have large transactions
a) because of locking problems
b) lot's of databases use some kind of replication to have fail over databases doing large updates in such environments causes problems.

We use data_maintainer.py script from SkyTools package to do such updates.

regards
Asko

Regards
Pavel Stehule