Details after Load Peak was: OT: Performance of VM

От Thomas Güttler
Тема Details after Load Peak was: OT: Performance of VM
Дата
Re: Details after Load Peak was: OT: Performance of VM
Список pgsql-performance

Am 05.02.2018 um 14:26 schrieb Andreas Kretschmer:

> Am 05.02.2018 um 14:14 schrieb Thomas Güttler:
>> What do you suggest to get some reliable figures?
>
> sar is often recommended, see https://blog.2ndquadrant.com/in-the-defense-of-sar/.
>
> Can you exclude other reasons like vacuum / vacuum freeze?

In the current case it was a problem in the hypervisor.

But I want to be prepared for the next time.

The tool sar looks good. This way I can generate a chart where I can see peaks. Nice.

.... But one thing is still unclear. Imagine I see a peak in the chart. The peak
was some hours ago. AFAIK sar has only the aggregated numbers.

But I need to know details if I want to answer the question "Why?". The peak
has gone and ps/top/iotop don't help me anymore.

Any idea?

Regards,
   Thomas Güttler

--