Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> If you only have 2 or 3 connections, I can't imagine that the improved seek
> times of the 15K drives will be a major driving factor.  As already
> suggested, 10K drives tend to be larger and can be extremely fast on
> sequential workloads, particularly if you short-stroke them and stick to
> putting the important stuff on the fast part of the disk.

The thing I like most about short stroking 7200RPM 1 to 2 TB drives is
that you get great performance on one hand, and a ton of left over
storage for backups and stuff.  And honestly, you can't have enough
extra storage laying about when working on databases.

Сообщение: Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics
Сообщение: Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics