Re: Scalability in postgres

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Scalability in postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 7:04 PM, Fabrix <fabrixio1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would ask for your kernel version. uname -a please?
>
> sure, and thanks for you answer Flavio...
>
> uname -a
> Linux SERVIDOR-A 2.6.18-92.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 29 13:16:15 EDT 2008 x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> cat /etc/redhat-release
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)

I'm running the same thing for an 8 core opteron (dual x4) and I have
gotten better numbers from later distros (ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10) but I
just don't trust them yet as server OSes for a database.

>> It was possible to make the context work better with 2.4.24 with kswapd
>> patched around here. 1600 connections working fine at this moment.
>
> 2.4 is very old, or not?

I'm sure he meant 2.6.24

There's been a LOT of work on the stuff that was causing context
swtich storms from the 2.6.18 to the latest 2.6 releases.