Re: Need help with 8.4 Performance Testing

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Need help with 8.4 Performance Testing
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Scott Carey <scott@richrelevance.com> wrote:
> Let me re-phrase this.
>
> For today, at 200GB or less of required space, and 500GB or less next year.
>
> "Where we're going, we don't NEED spindles."

Those intel SSDs sound compelling.  I've been waiting for SSDs to get
competitive price and performance wise for a while, and when the
intels came out and I read the first benchmarks I immediately began
scheming.  Sadly, that was right after we're ordered our new 16 drive
servers, and I didn't have time to try something new and hope it would
work.  Now that the servers are up and running, we'll probably look at
adding the SSDs next summer before our high load period begins.

Сообщение: Re: Need help with 8.4 Performance Testing
Сообщение: Re: Need help with 8.4 Performance Testing