Re: Bad performance on simple query

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Bad performance on simple query
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Dimi Paun <dimi@lattica.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 09:53 -0700, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>>
>> Are you saying it's excessive you need the compound query?  Cause
>> that's running in 91microseconds as pointed out by Alan.
>
> Of course, my bad. I read that as 91ms (<blush/>).
>
> Confusion came from the fact that pgadminIII reports the query
> taking 20-40ms, so I read the 0.091 as seconds not ms.

Ahhh.  Keep in mind that if you just run the query, pgadminIII will
tell you how long it took to run AND return all the data across the
network, so it will definitely take longer then.  But most of that's
network io wait so it's not a real issue unless you're saturating your
network.

Сообщение: Re: Bad performance on simple query
Сообщение: Re: Bad performance on simple query