Re: [QUESTION]Concurrent Access

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: [QUESTION]Concurrent Access
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Leví Teodoro da Silva
<tlevisilva@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys, How are you ?
>

> I am from Brazil and i work for a little company and it company is working
> is medium-big project and we want to use PostGree like the DataBase system,
> but i got some questions.
> I want to know if the PostGree has limitations about the concurrent access,
> because a lot of people will access this database at the same time.
> I want to know about the limitations, like how much memory do i have to use
> !? How big could be my database and how simultaneously access this database
> support ?

There is a limit that's basically determined by the machine you're
running on.  Each live connection uses a bit of memory itself and
there can be a few thundering herd issues with a lot of connections.
that said, a big server, properly configured can handle several
hundred to a few thousand connections at once.  We have simple little
session servers that store most of what they do in memory and handle
around 700 connections with a single SATA hard drive.  The data is
disposable so fsync is off and we can just rebuilt one from an image
in minutes if need be.