Re: Error while executing pg_dump "invalid memory alloc request size 4294967293"

От Amit jain
Тема Re: Error while executing pg_dump "invalid memory alloc request size 4294967293"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
I have tried to taken backup while no one is connected. Should i change my RAM and then check it. Version are same of pg_dump and database version 8.1.

Should I copy the data folder ? and then restore it with new installation or what do you mean to say kindly brief it please. I will be thankful to any help. thanks a lot.

Hi ,

Make sure no one is connected to the database while doing the back up. Usually memory alloc error comes if its a bad  RAM .
check the pg_dump version and your database version match (this could be a guess)
try file level backup and restore into new database.