Re: Problem enabling pltcl

От Patrick Logan
Тема Re: Problem enabling pltcl
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> wrote:
: Patrick Logan wrote:
:>     ERROR: Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION:
:>     'pltcl'.  Recognized languages are sql, C, internal and the
:>     created procedural languages.
:>
:> The docs say that pltcl is enabled if it is built with the TCL
:> option. What am I missing?

: CREATE LANGUAGE (command line utility 'createlang').  See the regression
: test shell script (src/test/regress/regress.sh) for an example using
: plpgsql.  The PL's are not created and installed by default, apparently.

Thanks. I also had to create the handler function as per the
documentation for creating new procedural language interfaces.

Boy, the documentation sure read to me like all that was supposed to
be done automatically by the Makefile when configured for pltcl.

Not a big deal, but it wasn't clear to me this had to be done for each
database created. Is this a bug in the documentation?

--
Patrick Logan    patrickdlogan@home.com