Re: Postgre SQL 7.1 cygwin performance issue.

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Postgre SQL 7.1 cygwin performance issue.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 8/28/06, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > Please advise us on how to resolve this ?.
>
> There's no solution short of upgrading.

That's a little too negative.  There is at least one alternative,
possibly two...

1.  Migrate the database to a Unix platform that does not suffer from
the Cygwin 64 connection restriction.  (If running Linux, it may be
necessary to look for an old release, as there were changes to GLIBC
at around the same time as 7.2 that don't play perfectly well with
7.1...)

2.  It is *possible* that pg_pool could be usable as a proxy that
limits the number of connections actually used.  I'm not sure how well
it'll play with 7.1, mind you...
Oddly enough, this is completely standard behaviour for shells. This
is a roundabout way of saying `don't use combined chains of `&&'s and
`||'s unless you think Gödel's theorem is for sissies'.