Search database objects

От Milan Oparnica
Тема Search database objects
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello,

I like the fresh and modern approach that pgAdmin4 offers, updating instantly when new versions pop-up praying to find few options I still miss from pgAdmin3.

Search database objects
===============

I'm sure this tool will put a smile on many faces. Although not perfect, the 'Search' option in good-old pgAdmin3 is still superior to the 'browser-based-search' we have now.

It takes a lot of time to:

  1. Expand the database tree
  2. Expand the desired schema (and you have to know which one exactly)
  3. Expand the proper node (tables, views, functions...)
  4. Search with the browsers tool - hoping from one partial-result to another trying to spot the right one...

When collections hold thousand items it takes too much efort.

Are there any plans to add the 'Search tool' in pgAdmin4 ?

Best regards

Milan Oparnica