Re: [GENERAL] Service outage: each postgres process use the exactamount of the configured work_mem

От Moreno Andreo
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Service outage: each postgres process use the exactamount of the configured work_mem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Il 14/04/2017 20:55, Melvin Davidson ha scritto:

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Chris Mair <chris@1006.org> wrote:
you should increase shared_memory to 40GB. General philosphy is to allocate 80% of system memory to shared_memory

Uhm...

80% is too much, likely:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/runtime-config-resource.html

Bye,
Chris.

Sorry, I had a brain fart, shared_buffers should be 25% system memory, or 12GB
The original set was 13 GB (I lowered to 3 GB to take a test), but probably I never acknowledged it with top...

--
Melvin Davidson

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Service outage: each postgres process use the exactamount of the configured work_mem
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Service outage: each postgres process use the exactamount of the configured work_mem