Re: many animals are running old clients

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: many animals are running old clients
Дата
Список buildfarm-members

On 08/17/2018 05:51 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> The majority of buildfarm animals are not on the latest client code
>> release. Version 8 was released more than 3 months ago. There are 26
>> animals on release 7 and 43 on even older releases, in one case on a
>> release going back 4 years. See below for the lists of delinquents.
> There's also a depressingly large number of animals that still aren't
> building the REL_11_STABLE branch.  Some also have odd gaps in their
> back-branch coverage.  If you don't use run_branches.pl to automate
> branch selection, please also take the time to check that you are
> building the right set of branches.
>
>> If this situation doesn't improve I'm going to have to reinstitute the
>> server filters which will reject very old clients.
> While I'd certainly encourage people to update, I'm not sure why
> that's necessary?

Example: Some animals are still getting the Pre_run_port_check error.
That doesn't even exist any more, it disappeared when the security
enhancements went in.

cheers

andrew

В списке buildfarm-members по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: many animals are running old clients
Сообщение: Re: many animals are running old clients