Re: Vacuums on large busy databases

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: Vacuums on large busy databases
Дата
Re: Vacuums on large busy databases
Список pgsql-performance
Dave Cramer writes:

>> What is a reasonable number?
>> I estimate I have at least 1 to 2 GB free of memory.
> You are using 6G of memory for something else ?

Right now adding up from ps the memory I have about 2GB.
Have an occassional program which uses up to 2GB.

Then I want to give some breathing room for when we have more connections so
that work_mem doesn't make the macihne hit swap.
At 32MB say worst case scenario I may have 50 operations using those 32MB,
that's about 1.5GB.

2+2+1.5 = 5.5
So I believe I have free about 2.5GB

> effective cache should be set to 75% of free memory

So I will increase to 1.5GB then.

I may have more memory, but this is likely a safe value.

Thanks for the feedback.. Didn't even know about this setting.