pgsql-performance issue

От debasis.moharana@ipathsolutions.co.in
Тема pgsql-performance issue
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 2016-08-20 08:21, pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org wrote:
> Welcome to the pgsql-performance mailing list!
> Your password at PostgreSQL Mailing Lists is
>
> x8DiA6
>
> To leave this mailing list, send the following command in the body
> of a message to majordomo@postgresql.org:
>
> approve x8DiA6 unsubscribe pgsql-performance
> debasis.moharana@ipathsolutions.co.in
>
> This command will work even if your address changes.  For that reason,
> among others, it is important that you keep a copy of this message.

>   pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
>
> If you need help or have questions about the mailing list, please
> contact the people who manage the list by sending a message to
>   pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org
>
> You can manage your subscription by visiting the following WWW
> location:
>
> <https://lists.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr/domain=postgresql.org/debasis.moharana%40ipathsolutions.co.in>
Dear Sir/Mam,

I have a PostgreSQL 9.5 instance running on Windows 8 machine with 4GB
of RAM.This server is mainly used for inserting/updating large amounts
of data via copy/insert/update commands, and seldom for running select
queries.

Here are the relevant configuration parameters I changed:

max_connections = 100
shared_buffers = 512MB
effective_cache_size = 3GB
work_mem = 12233kB
maintenance_work_mem = 256MB
min_wal_size = 1GB max_wal_size = 2GB
checkpoint_completion_target = 0.7
wal_buffers = 16MB
default_statistics_target = 100

After setting in postgresql.conf. I run the select query to fetch large
amount of record of 29000 in postgresql but it takes 10.3 seconds but
the same query takes 2 seconds for execution in MSSQL.

So my query is how to improve the perfermance in postgresql.

Regards,
Debasis Moharana
.NET Software Developer