Re: Passphrase protected SSL key and reloads

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Passphrase protected SSL key and reloads
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
(moved from Hackers to docs)

On 1/5/19 4:26 PM, Joe Conway wrote:
> On https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/ssl-tcp.html it says:
>
>   "Using a passphrase also disables the ability to change the server's
>    SSL configuration without a server restart."
>
> But as of pg11 we have ssl_passphrase_command_supports_reload, which as
> I understand it should allow this if the passphrase command is not
> interactive. Per
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/runtime-config-connection.html#GUC-SSL-PASSPHRASE-COMMAND-SUPPORTS-RELOAD
>
>   "Setting this parameter to true might be appropriate if the passphrase
>    is obtained from a file, for example."
>
> Am I misunderstanding, or was the former quote missed when updating the
> docs for pg11?

Since I am already thinking about pgsql-docs today -- any comment on this?

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Вложения

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: Update section on NFS
От: Awad Mackie
Сообщение: Re: REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW CONCURRENTLY interaction with ORDER BY