Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics

От Dave Crooke
Тема Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Seconded .... these days even a single 5400rpm SATA drive can muster almost 100MB/sec on a sequential read.

The benefit of 15K rpm drives is seen when you have a lot of small, random accesses from a working set that is too big to cache .... the extra rotational speed translates to an average reduction of about 1ms on a random seek and read from the media.

Cheers
Dave