Re: In AIX server encoding utf8 is not supported

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: In AIX server encoding utf8 is not supported
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
mallikarjun t wrote:
> I am initializing data directory by using following command,
>
> ./initdb -D <locatrion of data directory> -W
>
> It is taking client_encoding LATINA1, but I want to change UTF8,
>
> how to change, I already tried it is not supported,
>
> Kindly help me, I am also attaching the screenshot also,

Please no screenshots, text is better.

You need to use a locale like "en_US.utf8" (or whatever the name
on AIX is) that works with UTF8.

If you cannot find such a locale with "locale -a", you'll have
to install it from the AIX installation sources.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe