Re: many animals are running old clients

От Mikael Kjellström
Тема Re: many animals are running old clients
Дата
Список buildfarm-members
On 2018-08-18 14:12, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Mail goes to the buildfarm-members list. That should be sufficiently
> specific. Having to email owners individually would be unpleasant.

OK, yes I agree.

> run_web_txn.pl is only ever used on Windows/msys, that's why its path is
> different. If you're not using one of those systems you can safely
> ignore it.

OK, that makes sense.

> Would it help if I added a script to set the perl locations?
> Alternatively, we could switch to using /usr/bin/env, but I'm not sure
> how universal it is. And if you want to use a non-distro perl it
> possibly won't help anyway.

Well, it's not that hard to go through all the .pl-files manually and
change the path to where perl is located.

Would be nice to have a script that automatically detected the perl
binary through using which or something like that but that wouldn't be
portable and work on other OS:es like Windows, I guess.

I did get a problem with my NetBSD 7 animal not accepting the
SSL-certificate (Let's Encrypt) that https://git.postgresql.org uses.

I got the error:
Git mirror failure:
Cloning into bare repository '/home/pgbf/buildroot/pgmirror.git'...
fatal: unable to access
'https://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git/': SSL certificate
problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

I managed to solve that in NetBSD but following the following guide:

https://www.cambus.net/installing-ca-certificates-on-netbsd/

what that does is basically installing the mozilla-rootscerts on to the
system and using it as default.

After that it worked fine again.  But I can imagine on older OS:es
where you can't easily upgrade the CA-certs on the system it could be a
big problem. HTTPS and the cert business is so broken it's not even
funny imho.

/Mikael

В списке buildfarm-members по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: many animals are running old clients
Сообщение: Re: many animals are running old clients