Re: how to recover database back from /data folder [ Possibly Recovered ]

От Shoaib Mir
Тема Re: how to recover database back from /data folder [ Possibly Recovered ]
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
All looks according to the logs to me...

-----------
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)

On 12/11/06, Rajesh Kumar Mallah < mallah.rajesh@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi List ,

I restored the filesystem backup tar and ran postgres 7.3.8 on the data folder.
there was no problem at all.

DEBUG:  FindExec: found "/opt/usr/local/pgsql7.3/bin/postgres" using argv[0]
DEBUG:  invoking IpcMemoryCreate(size=1466368)
DEBUG:  FindExec: found "/opt/usr/local/pgsql7.3/bin/postmaster" using argv[0]
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2006-12-04 12:30:21 IST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/39DF3C2C
LOG:  redo record is at 0/39DF3C2C; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 2006905; next oid: 15212626
LOG:  database system is ready
DEBUG:  proc_exit(0)
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(0)
DEBUG:  exit(0)
DEBUG:  reaping dead processes

I think the above messages support the fact that the database was shutdown
properly before the filesystem level backup.
Can anyone kindly confirm it ?

I listed the tables and did some selects the data seems to be there.
I think postgres was not starting for some peripheral issues
not because that data folder was corrupted.

BTW
when i first started postmaster it gave an error related to
too liberal permissions. Probably the original poster was doing
the same mistake.

Regds
mallah.