Re: example of insert timestamp

От Aaron Bono
Тема Re: example of insert timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 7:21 PM, David Bear <david.bear@asu.edu> wrote:
I've been reading about triggers on insert and found the page at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/triggers.html with some sample
code in the comments.

I'm thinking what I want can't really be this involved.

I want to have a table with a timestamp field that automatically gets the
value of now() on insert. The timestamp will never be updated. I assume I
need to create a trigger to do this. If there is an easier way, please
advise.

Otherwise, is there any sample code that would should be how to do this? The
sample on the page above looks like overkill.

In your create table statement:

"create_dt" TIMESTAMP WITHOUT TIME ZONE DEFAULT now() NOT NULL

  Aaron Bono
  Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.
  http://www.aranya.com
  http://codeelixir.com

Сообщение: Re: example of insert timestamp
Сообщение: Re: example of insert timestamp