Re: Postgres Max JDBC Connection Allowed

От Aaron Bono
Тема Re: Postgres Max JDBC Connection Allowed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 8/10/06, Chris Mair <chrisnospam@1006.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>     I am using Postgres 7.3 can any body tell me the max no of JDBC
> connections allowed by postgres .

The maximum number of connections is a configuration variable in the
file postgresql.conf in your PGDATA dir.
Whether they origin from a JDBC driver or not is not relevant.

>     I also want to know how to find out that howmuch memory and CPU ,
> my postgres is taking .

Ask your operating system :)
top on unices or the tasklist on windows might be a start...

Don't forget to check the ulimit for the postgres user.  I had problems on a couple of our servers because the default for users was to limit their memory and number of processes.

   Aaron Bono
   Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.
   http://www.aranya.com
   http://codeelixir.com