Re: Slow query: table iteration (8.3)

От Glenn Maynard
Тема Re: Slow query: table iteration (8.3)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
2010/2/4 Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com>:
> isn't that possible with window functions and cte ?
> rank, and limit ?

It is, but again I tried that when I originally designed this and I
think it ended up using seq scans, or at least being slow for some
reason or other.

But I'll be dropping this db into 8.4 soon to see if it helps
anything, and I'll check again (and if it's still slow I'll post more
details).  It's been a while and I might just have been doing
something wrong.

--
Glenn Maynard

Сообщение: Re: Optimizing Postgresql server and FreeBSD for heavy read and writes
Сообщение: Re: Optimizing Postgresql server and FreeBSD for heavy read and writes