Re: performance for high-volume log insertion

От Glenn Maynard
Тема Re: performance for high-volume log insertion
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Erm..  Prepared queries is about using PQexecPrepared(), not about
> sending a text string as an SQL EXECUTE().  PQexecPrepared takes an
> array of arguments.  That gets translated into a Bind command in the
> protocol with a defined number of parameters and a length for each
> parameter being passed.  That removes any need for scanning/parsing the
> string sent to the backend.  That's the savings I'm referring to.

I'd suggest this be mentioned in the sql-prepare documentation, then,
because that documentation only discusses using prepared statements to
eliminate redundant planning costs.  (I'm sure it's mentioned in the
API docs and elsewhere, but if it's a major intended use of PREPARE,
the PREPARE documentation should make note of it.)

--
Glenn Maynard

Сообщение: Re: performance for high-volume log insertion
Сообщение: Re: performance for high-volume log insertion