Re: Data transfer very slow when connected via DSL

От Rainer Bauer
Тема Re: Data transfer very slow when connected via DSL
Дата
Re: Data transfer very slow when connected via DSL  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Hello Dimitri,

>but did you try to execute your query directly from 'psql' ?...

munnin=>\timing
munnin=>select * from "tblItem";
<data snipped>
(50 rows)
Time: 391,000 ms

>Why I'm asking: seems to me your case is probably just network latency
>dependent, and what I noticed during last benchmarks with PostgreSQL
>the SELECT query become very traffic hungry if you are using CURSOR.
>Program 'psql' is implemented to not use CURSOR by default, so it'll
>be easy to check if you're meeting this issue or not just by executing
>your query remotely from 'psql'...

Yes, see also my other post.

Unfortunatelly this means that using my program to connect via DSL to the
Postgres database is not possible.

Rainer

От: Dimitri
Сообщение: Re: Data transfer very slow when connected via DSL