Re: Newby to DB

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Newby to DB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bob,

On May 31, 2005, at 3:24 PM, Bob Pawley wrote:

> I'm a new user to Postgresql.
>
> I've installed it as an application in Windows. My intent is to gain
> experience in using sql to build a database.
>
> I'm having problems understanding how to begin.
>
> When I start the database is there any indicator that it is actually
> running?
>
> Do I need to add a server to access the database?
>
> If so, what properties do I enter into the add server interface to add
> a server? Everything I've tried so far has been rejected.

If you did not choose the "Install as a Service" option, I highly
recommend that you uninstall and then reinstall using this option. It
will create the database cluster for you and make sure that PostgreSQL
is running when you start the machine. You can use the services control
panel to check the status of the server.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL