Re: Integrated perc 5/i

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Integrated perc 5/i
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

http://groups.google.com/group/pgsql.performance/browse_thread/thread/b85926fe6de1f6c2/38837995887b6033?lnk=st&q=perc+5%2Fi+performance&rnum=6&hl=en#38837995887b6033

> Does any one have any experience with RAID 10 & perc 5/i ?

no, I've tested raid 10 on a few different perc 5/i and never had
those results. raid 10 often gives poor sequential read performance
relative to a raid 5 but better random performance generally, which is
usually more important.  That said, the perc 5/e (never done raid 5 on
the 5/i) has posted some of the best raid 5 numbers I've ever seen in
terms of random performance on sata.

merlin