Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 11/6/06, Brian Hurt <bhurt@janestcapital.com> wrote:
> I'm having a spot of problem with out storage device vendor.  Read
> performance (as measured by both bonnie++ and hdparm -t) is abysmal
> (~14Mbyte/sec), and we're trying to get them to fix it.  Unfortunately,
> they're using the fact that bonnie++ is an open source benchmark to
> weasle out of doing anything- they can't fix it unless I can show an
> impact in Postgresql.
>
> So the question is: is there an easy to install and run, read-heavy
> benchmark out there that I can wave at them to get them to fix the
> problem?  I have a second database running on a single SATA drive, so I
> can use that as a comparison point- "look, we're getting 1/3rd the read
> speed of a single SATA drive- this sucks!"

hitachi?

my experience with storage vendors is when they say things like that
they know full well their device completely sucks and are just
stalling so that you give up.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?
Сообщение: Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?