Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 3/29/06, Greg Quinn <greg@officium.co.za> wrote:
> > how many rows does it return ? a few, or a lot ?
>
> 3000 Rows - 7 seconds - very slow
>
> Which client library may have a problem? I am using OleDb, though haven't
> tried the .NET connector yet.

esilo=# create temp table use_npgsql as select v, 12345 as a, 'abcdef'
as b, 'abcdef' as c, 4 as d from generate_series(1,100000) v;

SELECT
Time: 203.000 ms
esilo=# explain analyze select * from use_npgsql;
                                                    QUERY PLAN
 Seq Scan on use_npgsql  (cost=0.00..1451.16 rows=61716 width=76)
(actual time=0.007..176.106 rows=100000 loops=1)
 Total runtime: 336.809 ms
(2 rows)

I just pulled out 100k rows in about 1/3 second.    The problem is not
your postgresql configuration.  Your problem is possibly in the oledb
driver.  The last time I looked at it, it was not production ready.

http://pgfoundry.org/frs/?group_id=1000140&release_id=407

Merlin