Re: Limited performance on multi core server

От Claus Guttesen
Тема Re: Limited performance on multi core server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> > Does anyone have any ideas what my bottle neck might be and what I can do
> > about it?
>
> Your bottleneck is that you are using a very old version of PostgreSQL. Try
> 8.2 or (if you can) the 8.3 beta series -- it scales a _lot_ better in this
> kind of situation.

You won't know until you've seen what queries are performed. Changing
db-parameters is a short-term solution, upgrading to a newer version
does require some planning.

--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare

Сообщение: Re: Limited performance on multi core server
Сообщение: Re: Limited performance on multi core server