Re: INSERTing rows from external file

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: INSERTing rows from external file
Дата
Re: INSERTing rows from external file  ("David Johnston" <polobo@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, Chris Travers wrote:

> What kind of error?

Chris,

Here's the full statement for the last row:

psql:chem_too.sql:5517: ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type boolean: ""
LINE 1: ...NS','1996-11-21','Potassium','0.949999988','mg/L','','','','...
                                                              ^
   The column is NULLable and if there's no value a NULL should be entered.

> Do you get the same error by running psql interactively and typing \i
> filename.sql?

   Er, thanks for the pointer. I didn't read the psql man page first. Now I'm
using 'psql -f <filename> <database_name>' and getting the above error.

Thanks,

Rich

Сообщение: Re: INSERTing rows from external file
Сообщение: Re: INSERTing rows from external file