Re: Highly Efficient Custom Sorting

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: Highly Efficient Custom Sorting
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010, Eliot Gable wrote:
> I guess the real question is, is a generic C sorting function my only real
> alternative?

Sounds to me like you are not really listening. You don't need to code an
entire sorting algorithm in C, as Postgres already has a pretty good one
of those. All you need to do is implement a comparator of some kind.
Inserting C functions into Postgres is pretty easy, especially on the
level of comparators.

Matthew

--
 For those of you who are into writing programs that are as obscure and
 complicated as possible, there are opportunities for... real fun here