Re: [GENERAL] Strange performance degradation

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Strange performance degradation
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, Lorenzo Allegrucci wrote:
> Anyway, how can I get rid those "idle in transaction" processes?
> Can I just kill -15 them or is there a less drastic way to do it?

Are you crazy? Sure, if you want to destroy all of the changes made to the
database in that transaction and thoroughly confuse the client
application, you can send a TERM signal to a backend, but the consequences
to your data are on your own head.

Fix the application, don't tell Postgres to stop being a decent database.

Matthew

--
 I would like to think that in this day and age people would know better than
 to open executables in an e-mail. I'd also like to be able to flap my arms