Re: Experience with HP Smart Array P400 and SATA drives?

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: Experience with HP Smart Array P400 and SATA drives?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> Or, if you don't have time to mess with it, just order an escalade or
> areca card and be done with it. :)

I'd be interested in recommendations for RAID cards for small SATA
systems. It's not anything to do with Postgres - I'm just intending to set
up a little four-drive array for my home computer, with cheap 1TB SATA
drives.

What PCI-Express or motherboard built-in SATA RAID controllers for about
four drives are there out there that are good, and well supported by
Linux? What level of support is there for monitoring and reporting of RAID
status?

Also, is it possible to set the drives in a hardware RAID into
auto-spindown mode? I'm going to be putting a SSD in as the main system
drive, with the RAID array to hold my large stuff which I only work on
part of the time.

Matthew

                                                 -- Ferenc Mantfeld

Сообщение: Re: Experience with HP Smart Array P400 and SATA drives?
Сообщение: Re: Experience with HP Smart Array P400 and SATA drives?