Re: Different execution plan

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: Different execution plan
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Sabin Coanda wrote:
> I think it would be nice to log the reasons why an explain analyze chooses a
> specific way or another for an execution plan. This would avoid wasting time
> to find the source of these decisions from the existing logs.

That would probably fill up the logs pretty quickly.

What may be really useful would be some sort of "extended explain" option.
At the moment, explain prints out the best query plan found. Sometimes it
would be nice if it printed out all the plans it considered, so we don't
have to go fiddling with enable_xxx to find alternatives.

Matthew

--
I suppose some of you have done a Continuous Maths course. Yes? Continuous
Maths? <menacing stares from audience> Whoah, it was like that, was it!