Re: Choosing a filesystem

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: Choosing a filesystem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Laszlo Nagy wrote:
> So the basic system will reside on a RAID 1 array, created from two SAS
> disks spinning at 15 000 rpm. I will buy 10 pieces of Seagate Barracuda
> 320GB SATA (ES 7200) disks for the rest.

That sounds good. Put RAID 1 on the pair, and RAID 1+0 on the rest. It'll
be pretty good. Put the OS and the WAL on the pair, and the database on
the large array.

However, one of the biggest things that will improve your performance
(especially in OLTP) is to use a proper RAID controller with a
battery-backed-up cache.

Matthew

--
X's book explains this very well, but, poor bloke, he did the Cambridge Maths
Tripos...                               -- Computer Science Lecturer