Re: When should be advocate external projects?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: When should be advocate external projects?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 05/12/2016 11:18 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 05/12/2016 08:54 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 05/12/2016 08:44 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>>> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Magnus Hagander
>
>>> Sure, that kind of idea.  I'd forgotten we had that.  I think that we
>>> should go to a format with just one line for each piece of software,
>>> though, instead of a big box.  And try to get it all one one page.
>>> And remove all of the proprietary products or put them in a separate
>>> section.  And include only stuff that's actually reasonably widely
>>> used.
>>
>> This is the part I see is going to be the biggest problem, who is going
>> to curate this stuff? As you mention below the information is of dubious
>> value as it stands now. While the idea of including third party stuff on
>> the site is noble, I have yet to see an actual plan to ensure that it is
>> handled in a timely manner and with accuracy.
>
> There are several different ways to make sure this stuff is curated
> correctly but that isn't the problem. At least not the immediate one.
> The problem is a lack of leadership driving the content.

Actually I think the problem is the other way around, too many leaders
not enough worker bees. As has been pointed out in this thread a lot of
the content already exists, it is just in various states of disrepair
due to lack of hands to keep it up to date. Ideas are the easy part,
implementing them is the hard part and I still see no framework to hang
the content on or show of hands willing to due the grunt work of filling
the framework. Until that happens this is only an interesting idea like
the previous interesting ideas that take up basically defunct pages on
the main site and the Wiki. Sorry for the buzz kill, but I have not seen
anything that convinces me this latest idea will fair any better.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: When should be advocate external projects?
Сообщение: Re: When should be advocate external projects?