Re: Lost password

От Allan Kamau
Тема Re: Lost password
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It is assumed you are running Unix (or Linux). The commands you've
been provided with are standard Unix system commands that will help
you find the files (pg_hba.conf) you are looking for, the output of
these commands (locate or find) is the absolute path to your queried
file (in your case pg_hba.conf) if found. Once you find the file you
will then need to edit this file, this file may only be accessible by
user root or user postgres (I could be wrong). Once edited you may
want to restart PostgreSQL then try to log in. For help on how to edit
the pg_hba.conf file (and to understand what each section if it's
contents means) you will need to look at the PostgreSQL documentation.

If you still have difficulties you may what to Google for more
elaborate answers or use the man command.

Allan.