Re: tsearch2 problem rank_cd() (possibly) crashing postgres

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: tsearch2 problem rank_cd() (possibly) crashing postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 12/8/06, Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> >> You need to read documentation ! rank_cd accepts the same args as rank()
> >> function.
> >
> > Nonetheless, dumping core on bad input is not acceptable behavior ...
>
> we already resolved the situation. This is mostly problem of
> missing release notes.

Sir,

if the old functions which are present in system catalogs and are missing
in  new tsearch2.so file and are not dropped from database then the
database seems to
be crashing when they are invoked. Should'  upgrade scritps not drop the
old functions.  just a thought , this situation could arise in general not just
tsearch2.so .

Regds
mallah.

>         Regards,
>                 Oleg
> Oleg Bartunov, Research Scientist, Head of AstroNet (www.astronet.ru),
> Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University, Russia
> Internet: oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
> phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Сообщение: Re: tsearch2 problem rank_cd() (possibly) crashing postgres
Сообщение: Re: tsearch2 problem rank_cd() (possibly) crashing postgres