Re: tsearch2 problem rank_cd() (possibly) crashing postgres

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: tsearch2 problem rank_cd() (possibly) crashing postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 12/8/06, Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:
>
> > On 12/8/06, Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> wrote:
> >> You need to read documentation ! rank_cd accepts the same args as rank()
> >> function.
> >
> > Dear Oleg,
> >
> > Could you please elaborate a bit more if time permits.
> > our application is old and it was working fine in 8.1.5. do i need to
> > change the sql
> > to use a different function  ?
>
> from reference manual:
>
> CREATE FUNCTION rank_cd(
>      [ weights float4[], ] vector TSVECTOR, query TSQUERY, [ normalization int4 ]
>      ) RETURNS float4

Dear Oleg,

thanks for the prompt help. looks like we have to modify
our application code.

i would like to point out :

In our Production Database

\df public.rank_cd
+--------+---------+------------------+-------------------------------------+
| Schema |  Name   | Result data type |         Argument data types         |
+--------+---------+------------------+-------------------------------------+
| public | rank_cd | real             | integer, tsvector, tsquery          |
| public | rank_cd | real             | integer, tsvector, tsquery, integer |
| public | rank_cd | real             | tsvector, tsquery                   |
| public | rank_cd | real             | tsvector, tsquery, integer          |
+--------+---------+------------------+-------------------------------------+
(4 rows)

In tsearch2.sql  (with pgsql 8.2.0)

$ grep "CREATE FUNCTION rank_cd"  tsearch2.sql
CREATE FUNCTION rank_cd(float4[], tsvector, tsquery)
CREATE FUNCTION rank_cd(float4[], tsvector, tsquery, int4)
CREATE FUNCTION rank_cd(tsvector, tsquery)
CREATE FUNCTION rank_cd(tsvector, tsquery, int4)

This means first arguments have changed from  integer to float4[]
This means all the application code needs to be changed  now :-/

> postgres=# SELECT  name, rank_cd(name_vec,to_tsquery('hello')     ) as rank  from test where name_vec @@
to_tsquery('hello');
>      name     | rank
> -------------+------
>   hello world |  0.1
> (1 row)
>
> or
>
> postgres=# SELECT  name, rank_cd('{1,1,1,1}',name_vec,to_tsquery('hello')     ) as rank  from test where name_vec @@
to_tsquery('hello');
>      name     | rank
> -------------+------
>   hello world |    1
> (1 row)

BTW: above did not work for me

i had to explicitly cast '{1,1,1,1}' to '{1,1,1,1}'::float4[] ,
is anything fishy with my database ?

SELECT  name, rank_cd('{1,1,1,1}'::float4[]
,name_vec,to_tsquery('hello')     ) as rank  from test where name_vec
@@ to_tsquery('hello') ;

( PS: thanks  for the nice tsearch software we have been using it since
"pre tsearch" era. (openfts) )

Regds
Mallah.