Re: Should clients warn in case of server version mismatch ?

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: Should clients warn in case of server version mismatch ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 12/8/06, Adam Radlowski <adamr@informatyka.gdansk.pl> wrote:
> I had problem such this. I've got 8.1.3 client and 8.0.6 server. But
> psql 8.1.3 warned me, that some \? functions can not work properly. I've
> resolved this problem in very simply way.

thanks.
my problem is resolved as i mantain symbolic links to different pgsql versions
in /opt/usr/local i just gave full path to psql binary of old version instead
of psql.

My concern was that it is quite likely that developers willl
FAIL to see the warning if they are presented with the
psql prompt despite mismatch of major version numbers.

IMHO for major version mismatch psql should not present the
user with a prompt at all as certain commands are most likely
not work.

Regds
Mallah.

 I got binary psql from 8.0.x