Re: Inheritance in Postgresql ?

От ABBAS SHAKEEL
Тема Re: Inheritance in Postgresql ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Richard Broersma for the presentation. Its really nice and explains advantages and disadvantages in a nice way.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Richard Broersma <richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:33 PM, ABBAS SHAKEEL
> I feel relatively clear with this concept and i stopped my mind as well from
> comparing inheritance concept with JAVA  by saying that  inheritance concept
> in humans, in JAVA and in Postgres is different in many aspects.
> I would like to share an example as well which describe the advantage of
> inheritance in Postgres in detail . Example can be found here.

I developed a presentation the discusses hierarchical data modeling.
One section discusses PostgreSQL's inheritance.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/images/9/91/Pguswest2008hnd.pdf

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.