Re: EnterpriseDB

От Michael Gould
Тема Re: EnterpriseDB
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Bill,

It probably has to do with the holidays.  They have always been responsive when I've called.  That being said, several of their top developers are available on this forum.

Best Regards

Michael Gould

"Bill P." <maxarbos@yahoo.com> wrote:

Has anyone had any experience dealing with EnterpriseDB?

I have a few calls into them and a few unanswered emails concerning some issues and questions I have.
We are looking to convert our mysql applications to postgres, but concerned about the level of support they are going to provide when simple questions such as the ones i have asked go unanswered.

I dont expect tech support on the free versions we are trying out, but a question such as: 'do i have to have a paid support contract to post questions on their forums' should be easy enough to follow through. After a few weeks...yes, weeks... i have gotten a short answer of 'no you dont need a paid contract to post in the forums', but no answer to why *I* cannot. I can log in, sometimes get to the post new topic screen, but when i hit 'submit' it fails.

i have given them step by step of what I am doing, but still no answer as to what is going on.

These may seem trivial, but when I am pushing to convert to a new db system, I should be comfortable knowing the level of support I can expect when needed.

Thanks.

Michael Gould, Managing Partner
Intermodal Software Solutions, LLC
904.226.0978