Re: Missing usenet messages. Was: A bit confused about Postgres Plus

От Rainer Bauer
Тема Re: Missing usenet messages. Was: A bit confused about Postgres Plus
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>Rainer Bauer wrote:
>>
>> It seems like Alvaros message was sent only via private mail, because it does
>> not show in the mailing list archive.
>
>It is on the archives, here:
>http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20081217122802.GA4453%40alvh.no-ip.org
>
>As Dave said, it was sent to pgsql-www, and I think the newsserver
>doesn't carry that group (which is a bug that we've asked Marc to fix,
>but as all things Marc, it takes quite a while).

Yeah, the www list is not available.

>> I have configured the pgsql-performance mailing list so that I receive the
>> emails. And I see some messages not turning up on the news server (don't ask
>> me for exact numbers).
>>
>> So is this a configuration problem or is there something else going wrong?
>
>I don't think the news gateway is all that trustworthy nowadays.

That's a pity. For me it's not so critical if I miss a few messages, but I
could imagine Thomas and I are not the only ones using a newsreader program to
follow the discussions on the mailing lists.

Rainer

Сообщение: Re: Server side large object functions
Сообщение: Re: Server side large object functions