Re: Recommendation to run vacuum FULL in parallel

От rihad
Тема Re: Recommendation to run vacuum FULL in parallel
Дата
Re: Recommendation to run vacuum FULL in parallel
Список pgsql-general
> And future updates can reuse it, too (an update is very similar to an
> insert+delete).

Hm, then it's strange our DB takes 6 times as much space compared to
freshly restored one (only public schema is considered).

> Not if autovacuum has a chance to run between updates.

Ours is run regularly, although we had to tweak it down not to interfere
with normal database activity, so it takes several hours each run on the
table. We did that by setting autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.05 from
default 0.2.