pgstattuple extension - Can pgstattuple_approx support toast tables?

От Jean-Marc Lessard
Тема pgstattuple extension - Can pgstattuple_approx support toast tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hello,

The pgstattuple extension is pretty useful to monitor table bloat.

I have few large tables with bytea column that represent TB of data that I would need to monitor.

I ran pgstattuple() on the associated toast tables but it takes hours to run.

pgstattuple_approx() would be a nice alternative but it does not accept toast tables.

It can be run on pg_largeobject which is very similar to the toast table structures.

Why pgstattuple_approx() cannot be run on toast tables?

Regards,

Jean-Marc Lessard
Administrateur de base de données / Database Administrator

Ultra Electronics Forensic Technology Inc.
T +1 514 489 4247 x4164
www.ultra-forensictechnology.com

Вложения