RE: trouble making PG use my Perl

От Kevin Brannen
Тема RE: trouble making PG use my Perl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>Kevin Brannen <KBrannen@efji.com> writes:
>> The issue is that I've not been able to make Pg use our Perl (in
>> /opt/perl) instead of the system one (in /usr).
>
>plperl.so will typically have a more or less hard-coded path to libperl.so, eg
>
>$ ldd ...installdir.../lib/plperl.so
>        linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007ffc613cf000)
>        libperl.so => /usr/lib64/perl5/CORE/libperl.so (0x00007fa315d48000)
>        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>You might be able to override that with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but it's a pain, and it will certainly not work if your
homebrewlibperl isn't 100% ABI-compatible with the system one.

>Personally I'd build plperl against the Perl you want to use it with.
>The rest of PG isn't dependent on Perl, so you could use the community install for the rest of it if you like.
>
>regards, tom lane

Thanks Tom, I can see your point. With the right change to LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
I can make `ldd plperl.so` point to my Perl, but as you say, I'm probably
playing with fire to expect it all to be 100% compatible between Perl
5.10.1 (Centos 6 default) and 5.30.1 (mine).

It'd be nice if we could set Perl at server start time, but I can see how
it might not be possible.

I'll see about making this extension versus just recompiling the whole thing.
I don't recall building Pg to be all that hard, I was just hoping to avoid it.

-OR- I blast it from orbit and rewrite the 2 plperl functions so I don't need the
extension. Decisions ... decisions ...

Thanks!
Kevin
This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential
information.If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
youare hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the information contained in or
attachedto this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
notifyus by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them
todisk. Thank you.

От: Tory M Blue
Сообщение: pg_upgrade custom table locations. Move table locations during upgrade?
От: stan
Сообщение: A question relative to creating an audit table