Cannot get debug messages

От Maarten Boekhold
Тема Cannot get debug messages
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Last night I had trouble getting user authentication working with type
'password' ('crypt' works just fine), and to see what was going on in the
postmaster, I wanted to turn on some debugging.

But no matter what option I tried (-d 1--3 for postmaster, -d 1--3 for
backend), I couldn't get more output than 'creating INET Stream port' (or
something like that).

I remember that in the past (with 6.2) I used to get tons of messages,
including the environment the postmaster was started in etc.

I use something like the following to start the postmaster (from head):

BOPTS="-o debug-log -d 1"
echo "postmaster -S 1024 -F -d 1 -o $BOPTS >> log 2>&1 &" | su postgres

as I said, this is from head. With 6.2 this worked, now running 6.3.2.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |