Re: [ADMIN] libpq++ question

От Maarten Boekhold
Тема Re: [ADMIN] libpq++ question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Andreas Hauck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to access postgres through a CGI program using libpq++. If I mimic a
> query by setting the REQUEST_METHOD and QUERY_STRING environment variables it
> works perfectly well. However, accessed through the net, connection is
> refused. Probably the environment settings in PgEnv(...) are wrong. Can
> anybody help? BTW, the returned error message, called as in the examples by
> data.ErrorMessage(), is empty.

You probably haven't configured your postgresql server to allow accesses
by the user your web-server is running as(CREATE USER). Also make sure
that that user has the appropriate access rights to the tables it needs to
access (GRANT/REVOKE)

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |