Re: Disk Utilization Increases And Time for Vacuum Increases.

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: Disk Utilization Increases And Time for Vacuum Increases.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Vikram D. Gaitonde wrote:

> One action we have consiously not done is "REINDEX" on the
> table. We want to avoid that as far as possible.

Why do you want to avoid this? It may be the only option you have, other
than a database dump and reload.

>     3: relpages for the indices increases with the first few
>        iterations and then stays constant.
>
>        This is determined by running:
>           "SELECT RELNAME, RELPAGES, RELTUPLES FROM PG_CLASS"

This seems odd. I would have thought for sure that it was your indexes
growing. Maybe you should try looking at the individual files in the
data directory to see which ones are growing, and then use the filename
to look up the item in pg_class via the relfilenode column to find out
what your problem objects are.

>        NOTE: Also the reltuples always stay at 0 (zero).
>              I dont know how to interpret that. What does
>              it mean.

It means you haven't done an ANALYZE after changing the size of the
database.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org